PPDocs, Inc. has teamed up with leaders in the eRecording industry giving title
companies and lenders the ability to electronically file real estate documents. Acting
as an aggregator for the many counties accepting electronic document recording, we've
eliminated the need to sign up with each vendor for every county that you want to record
documents in. The process now only takes a couple of hours, instead of days or weeks.
Your documents DO NOT have to be signed electronically to be recorded
electronically. Simply scan and upload your signed documents to our eRecording system
and submit them to the county for recording.
- Recording legal documents quickly and easily.
- Our electronic document recording system allows you to upload your documents
to the county clerk and get them recorded the same day in most cases.
- Each county has their own system and signup process.
- We act as the aggregator for these counties.
- Scan and upload images without leaving your desk.
What is recording?
Recording is the act of entering deeds, mortgages, easements, and other written
instruments that affect title to real property into the public record. The purpose
of recording is to give notice, to anyone who is interested, of the various interests
that parties hold in a particular property. Recording determines the legal priority of
instruments that affect title to a particular property.
What is "eRecording"?
"eRecording" is the same as traditional recording with one big difference. Instead of
a person physically delivering or mailing the executed documents to the recording entity
(County Clerk) and then waiting a long period of time before getting the recording
information, the documents are delivered - with specific indexing data – electronically
over the Internet. This allows the recording entity to assign the recording information
in a timelier manner and return an image of the recorded documents with their recording
How does "eRecording" work?
- After closing, the executed and notarized documents are scanned by either the title company or lender in PDF or TIFF format.
- Complete the required County indexing information via the eRecording portal on www.ppdocs.com.
- The scanned documents are uploaded to www.ppdocs.com via HTTP protocol.
- The indexing information and scanned documents are submitted to the appropriate County.
- County records the document and returns an electronically stamped copy in a few hours or less.
What types of documents are eligible for eRecording?
The types of documents available for eRecording vary by county. Electronically recorded instruments
have not been fully embraced by large lenders. It is recommended that you contact your investor to
verify that they will accept electronically recorded instruments.
How much does "eRecording cost?
You can e-Record your documents for the cost of the County's filing fees plus a $10 convenience fee.
PPDocs, Inc. will bill you monthly for all filing fees and convenience charges for that month.
Counties accepting eRecordings for real estate transactions.
We are currently connected to over 600 counties across the country. Please see our current list of counties
If you know of a county accepting eRecording for real estate transactions that is not on this list, please
contact us and we will get them added.
Advantages of using our services
- It’s convenient and fast. Get your documents recorded in a few hours instead
of a few days in most cases, and you will still get back a stamped image of the document along with the
county’s recording information. Anyone with a PPDocs Inc. login can use it at anytime.
How to get started:
Order today or contact us for more information.